January 05, 2022
A rare opportunity to join our small motorsport team that operates the UK’s largest motorsport series, with more than 150 drivers across six championships.
Reporting to the Championship Coordinator, you will assist with looking after all aspects of the organisation and operation of Caterham race championships. Delivering outstanding customer service in a sometimes adrenalin-fuelled, high-pressure environment is key; and not for the work-shy or faint-hearted. Early mornings, late nights, wind, rain and the challenges of Caterham’s limited budget and resources, are rewarded with immense satisfaction. Caterham’s novice driver race series, the legendary Caterham Academy, creates more than 50 new racing drivers each year and whilst it is a cliché, you really will help make dreams come true.
Duties and Responsibilities
To support the Championship Coordinator with all aspects of that role, such as:
- The organisation, project management and delivery of every aspect of each race weekend in conjunction with the organising club (BRSCC); from developing the timetable, logistical organisation, management of the extended event team, right down to ordering and setting up hospitality. This may sound glam, but on the ground it means literally rolling up your sleeves, getting stuck in, and being the one that goes to the supermarket when we run out of milk. Again.
- Being the knowledgeable and highly visible face of Caterham at race events; there for our competitors, ensuring everyone knows who and where you are, in order to provide the best possible service and paddock environment.
- Extensive communication with competitors throughout the year, including production and dissemination of post-race data and related information.
- Delivery of the hugely successful Caterham Academy programme for approximately fifty complete novices each year, ensuring it exceeds their high expectations.
The successful candidate will be someone who has:
- A very outgoing, confident and friendly personality; loud even; with the ability to earn respect of drivers (including highly successful business people).
- A real passion for, and understanding of, motorsport.
- The ability to work under their own initiative, with a can-do attitude to problem solving in a high-pressure environment; and also the strength be part of a small, tight team working together as a single unit.
- The desire to always improve; the mindset that everything can be better
- A headful of ideas; good or bad, they will not be afraid to express them.
- Strong competence with MS-Excel, MS-Word and in written communication.
- A natural ability to herd cats
- The willing acceptance of having to work weekends, with long hours and extensive travel across the UK and occasionally overseas.
Whilst the Caterham Motorsport office is based at our factory in Dartford, Kent; once established in the role, remote working 3-4 days/week, or more, is expected and further flexibility on where we meet each week (or so) may be considered; it’s a modern world and we are adapting! Please note that a fast, reliable internet connection is an essential requirement for remote working. There will be a requirement to be in the office for the few days prior to a race weekend.
If you think you are the right person for the role, or more importantly, believe that we will think you are the right person, please submit your CV and a covering letter including salary expectations to email@example.com; with the subject heading ‘Motorsport Assistant’
Note: Applicants who do not provide a covering letter will not be considered (we just like to hear a little about you).