January 08, 2019
JOB OPPORTUNITY: ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER
Established in 1973, we operate globally from our three UK office locations, as both manufacturer, retailer and world leader in amateur motorsport racing. We employ in excess of 150 staff, who share our values of integrity, professionalism and sensitivity, and who bring them to life on a daily basis throughout the many functions of our company.
We are pleased to be recruiting to fulfill the position of Global Assistant Brand Manager. This exciting opportunity will be based at our Brand Marketing Headquarters in Crawley.
As an integral role you will input into, and shape, not only the brands marketing strategy but also many other functions, including new product development.
The role will be responsible for assisting the Global Brand Manager in the development of Caterham’s global marketing strategy and ensuring its tactical execution. With the support of one direct report, you will ensure Caterham’s existing range of products and services are promoted in a consistent way and in keeping with the brand's message of ‘fun.'
The nature of the company demands a proactive self-starter, who is both entrepreneurial and willing to get involved in different aspects of the business, but at the same time act as part of a wider team. In return, we offer a position that will allow you to influence Caterham’s sales and marketing on an international scale, as well as the chance to be the envy of all your friends.
This role would suit somebody who is nimble of mind, results focused and passionate about sports cars and motorsport.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of a fully integrated brand marketing plan, which delivers incremental increases in business performance
- Develop & manage the brand's promotional strategy to include B2C and B2B communications, events, motorsport, sponsorship and brand partnerships
- Aid the development of the communication strategy to improve the brand's online presence, maximising consumer engagement and quality lead generation
- Leverage CRM tools for campaign and lead management
- In conjunction with sales and engineering teams, develop and implement product plan
- Work with the Network Development Team to introduce brand identity standards across dealer network
- Manage third party agencies and associated budgets
- Assist in the management of the marcomms budget
- Manage and develop the Brand Executive
Knowledge and technical skill requirements
- Minimum 5 years of a marketing career at a strong brand, with international background and experience in more than one of the required key subjects (brand identity, positioning, communication, etc.)
- Business degree in Marketing Communication or Brand Management or experience in a similar working environment
- Very good PC skills (in particular Microsoft Office)
- Highly communicative character, team player, very creative driver of projects, who is personable and outgoing
- An interest in premium and niche automotive brands and motorsport is helpful
A salary of £30k- £35k is available subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the company pension scheme and staff purchase discounts.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward your up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .*Please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone.and are also unable to accept applications from agencies.