November 19, 2021
JOB OPPORTUNITY: BRAND EXECUTIVE
Caterham was established in 1973 and is renowned for its production of 2- seater British sports cars.
Operating globally across 19 different countries from its three UK based offices, as both manufacturer and retailer, our range of Sevens not only serve to excite the true motoring enthusiast but racing drivers alike, through our operation of the largest single-make motorsport series in Europe.
Employing more than 130 staff, who all share our company's love of all things automotive, we take the business of delivering fun products seriously- after all; you don’t need a Seven, you just want one!
The Brand Team, based at our Brand Marketing Headquarters in Crawley, is looking to recruit an Senior Brand Executive with experience in retail marketing to join its existing team of 6 (3x Marketeers, 2x Press Car Technicians and 1x Designer).
As the Brand Executive you will support the Brand Team with the implementation of Caterham’s Global Brand Plan.
Alongside this you will be responsible for proposing Caterham’s global events calendar and once approved oversee its end-to-end delivery, with a particular focus on objective setting, lead acquisition and proving a return on investment.
In support of this you will also lead the charge regarding Caterham’s suite of marketing collateral. Carrying out regular reviews of Caterham’s product portfolio and prospective consumers interaction with the brand, you’ll identify pain point within their research experience and devise meaningful and relevant materials which aim to inform and aid them in their buying experience.
This role requires someone who is tenacious, self-motivated, and capable of working under their own initiative. They must have excellent organisation skills and beyond compare copy writing skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Through researching available shows, create a proposal for the year, highlighting likely factors effecting attendance, such as cost, footfall, promotional opportunities, and timings.
- Liaising with Caterham’s external events and exhibition organisation, gain stand proposal, illustration stand design, size, configuration, construction timeline and cost
- Propose plan and gain sign off from the wider brand team before engaging with 3rd party event organisers (e.g., Goodwood) to secure best pitch and cost option.
- Create staff briefing packs with a particular focus on proving return on investment through lead collection and on sales conversion.
- Devise staffing rota and ensure commitment and adherence to it.
- Audit and maintain a log which facilities the teams self-serving of event and exhibition materials.
- Carry out regular reviews of materials ahead of show attendance ensuring collateral is printed in advance and ready for display.
- Work closely with the Press Car Team to discuss and agree show vehicles for presentation on stand and their subsequent silent salesman and logistical movements.
- Oversee the updating of the Car Configurator with Caterham’s Rendering partner ahead of shows, QA it to ensure it is fully operational, including printer consumables and through the line lead submissions.
- Manage all uniform requirements for staff show attendance and ticketing access.
- Carry out event post-mortem following each show to ensure key success, learnings and results are logged and inform future show strategies.
Marketing Collateral Management
- Oversee the creation and end to end management of Caterham’s marketing collateral, including copy writing, design brief creation and amends, with input from the broader Brand Team.
- Carry out a full, materials audit, summarising its content, defining its overarching purpose, who it’s used by, when and why.
- Critique existing materials relative to its existing use and overlay against the customer anticipated journey, determine if fit for purpose.
- Devise and agree with support of the wider Brand team the suite of materials of which will aid transitioning prospective customers through the sales funnel.
- Determine locale and translation requirements.
- Discuss and create design brief with in-house design resource, ensure the purpose of each piece of content is understood.
- Manage the design process, supplying appropriate assets for inclusion as required along with any copy necessities.
- Manage the sign off process from key stakeholders and the Brand Team ensuring version control ‘slug’ sign off is achieved.
- Manage print/ digital output requirements and ensure appropriate digital and physical storage and dissemination.
- Roll out full suite of materials globally to the retailer network with the support of the Senior Brand Executive.
Knowledge and technical skill requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years of marketing experience with a recognisable brand, with experience in more than one of the required key subjects (brand communications, events, online, etc.)
- Degree in business, marketing, or communications, or with equivalent experience in a brand management or communication role
- Experience of event management
- Experience of Marketing collateral design and development
- Experience of aiding and implementing online brand marketing plans
- Experience of online content management systems
- Experience of drafting and implement social media marketing communications
- Highly communicative character, team player, very creative driver of projects, who is personable and outgoing
- Exceptional attention to detail and copywriting skills
- Very good PC skills (in particular Microsoft Office)
- Interest in premium and niche automotive brands and motorsport is helpful
A salary of £24k- £27k is available subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period, a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the company pension scheme and staff purchase discounts.
If you wish to apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Note: Applicants who do not provide a covering letter will not be considered.
*please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.