December 19, 2018
Job Opportunity: CHAMPIONSHIP COORDINATOR
Caterham Cars is one of the UK’s most successful sports and racing car manufacturers and have been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades Caterham has continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and also a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
A very rare opportunity to lead our small motorsport team that operates the UK largest motorsport series, with more than 200 drivers across six championships.
Working under the guidance of the Motorsport Director, the Championship Coordinator is a full-time position based at our Dartford HQ, looking after all aspects of the organisation and operation of Caterham race championships. Delivering outstanding customer service in a sometimes adrenalin-fuelled, high-pressure environment is key; and not for the work-shy or faint-hearted. Early morning, late night, wind, rain and the challenges of Caterham’s limited budget and resources are rewarded with immense satisfaction. Caterham novice driver series, the Academy, creates more than 50 new racing drivers each year and whilst it is a cliché, you really do help make dreams come true.
As the Championship Coordinator your duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The organisation, project management and delivery of every aspect of each race weekend with the Championship Assistant, wider support team and the organising club (BRSCC). This also includes logistics organisation of our facilities and management of the extended event team.
- Extensive communication with competitors throughout the year, including production and dissemination of post-race data and related information.
- Delivery of the hugely successful Caterham Academy programme for approximately fifty complete novices each year, ensuring it exceeds their high expectations.
- Deliver the annual motorsport season calendar with the external providers, in conjunction with the Motorsport Director.
- Be the frontline representative of Caterham Motorsport, ensuring the best possible service and paddock environment for Caterham racing drivers.
- The successful organisation of Caterham’s operations before, during and after race events
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- A real passion for, and understanding of, motorsport.
- The ability to work under their own initiative, with a can-do attitude to problem solving in a high-pressure environment.
- An outgoing and confident personality, with the ability to earn respect of drivers (including highly successful business people).
- The desire to always improve what we do and never run out of ideas.
- Strong competence with MS-Excel, MS-Word and in written communication.
- The willingness to work weekends, long hours, travel extensively over the UK and occasionally overseas.
A competitive salary based on experience and potential. After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS, and staff purchase discounts.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward you’re up to date CV to email@example.com *please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.