October 28, 2020
Job Opportunity: Delivery Driver
Caterham Cars is the one of the UK’s most successful sports car manufacturers and have been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades Caterham has continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and also a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
Remuneration: Competitive salary subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS, and staff purchase discounts.
This role is a customer-facing role which entails delivering our self-assembly kits to customers as well as other vehicle collection and deliveries by 3.5tn truck. You will be the face of the business therefore it is essential that you and your truck are always very presentable. This role will involve some heavy lifting of parts as well as some delicate handling of vehicles to ensure deliveries are made without damage.
Hours – flexible including some un-sociable hours
As a Delivery Driver your duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Planning your movements for your week based around the delivery diary to ensure you are able to maximise your time by linking delivery and collections where possible whilst also ensuring punctuality
- Safe loading/unloading of cars and components on to the delivery truck to minimise risk to yourself and the load and ensuring all loads are properly secured.
- Take photos of cars prior to loading to ensure clarity of condition of car when collected
- Create a rapport with customers to give them an enjoyable, personable experience
- Ensure your truck is thoroughly checked, serviced and maintained. You will be responsible for ensuring time for servicing and maintenance work is planned in your calendar along with ensuring the MOT is carried out in a timely manner
- Ensure you and your vehicle are presented to a high standard
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate:
- Safe and considerate driving skills
- Proven ability to handle a 3.5t truck whilst towing
- Full UK driving licence with trailer towing capabilities
- Must have Digi Tacho Card and understanding of its use and related regulations
- The ability to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to ensure your duties are carried out to the highest standards
- Ability for heavy handling for loading and unloading vehicle
- Flexibility to work (at short notice) unsociable hours in order to meet customer needs including overnight stays
- Flexibility to carry out tasks that may not usually fall under your standard job description
- The ability to comply with all company and manufacturers Health and Safety, HR policies and procedures.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward you’re up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org *please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.