March 16, 2020
Job Opportunity: Junior Accounts Assistant
Caterham Cars is one of the UK’s most successful sports and racing car manufacturers and have been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades Caterham has continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and also a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
Due to internal promotions, we are recruiting for a Junior Accounts Assistant to join our busy accounts department based at our head office in Dartford. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic, willing to learn and keen to develop a career as an accountant. The finance team is small, and the successful candidate will be an important part of the team, showing initiative and strong organisational skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn all aspects of the accounts function as the role will be assisting with the smooth running of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Management Accounts. A study package will also be offered (AAT, progressing onto either CIMA or ACCA) after a successful probationary period.
The successful candidate will ideally be a recent School/College leaver who has studied business or similar at A Level standard (or equivalent) with some experience in an office environment.
The successful candidate will also need the following skills:
- Ability to manage and organise your own workload
- Possess a tenacious, thorough and accurate outlook in all work undertaken.
- The ability to always follow the correct systems and procedures for all work undertaken.
- Enthusiastic and to have a positive approach to the job.
- The ability to communicate to all staff, customers and suppliers in a friendly, professional manner.
- To have and be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Any previous accounts experience an advantage but not essential.
A competitive salary based on experience and potential. After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS, staff purchase discounts and a paid study package as mentioned.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com *please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.