April 19, 2022
JOB OPPORTUNITY: PRODUCTION DIRECTOR
Caterham Cars is the one of the UK’s most successful sports car manufacturers and has been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades, Caterham has continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula. More recently the company was acquired by VT Holdings, a £1billion+ turnover automotive business with over 4000 employees worldwide.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and also a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
Based at our Head Office in Dartford, you will be responsible for the strategy, development and direction of our production plants in Dartford, Westbury and Gatwick, and our production control department which includes warehousing, to ensure that the company’s long term production volume objectives of the Seven are consistently achieved. You will be required to develop a culture of success through coaching, mentoring and strong personal leadership, leading your managers and team to a ‘can do’ attitude. There will be the possibility of promotion to the Company COO role for the successful applicant upon showing the necessary skills and business acumen.
- Setting ambitious production goals and communicate them to your management team.
- To ensure that these production goals are achieved in an efficient manner to meet monthly budgeted targets to a consistently high standard of quality.
- Develop an understanding of the process used within Production and Production Control and be able to advise and lead your teams when decisions need to be taken regarding the processes.
- Help shape the vision and strategy, develop, long-range plans to deliver the manufacturing aspirations of the business and communicate them to your managers.
- Challenge inefficiency and current practice at every opportunity; establishing a team culture of continuous improvement and unrelenting pursuit of product quality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Striving to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all departments
- Motivate support and guide your managers and up to 100 staff based over 3 locations.
- Ensure that production volumes are consistently achieved.
- Ensure that efficiencies are continually improved throughout the production and production control departments.
- Oversee Conformity of Production (CoP) processes and records.
- Ensuring all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Communicating any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Establishing workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Ensuring that final product/s meets quality standards and customer specifications
- Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will be required to develop good working relationships with their managers within the three production plants, the Production Control manager, and the Executive team in order to fulfil this role to the best of their ability.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A knowledge of the Caterham product will be advantageous
- Solid experience gained in a similar leadership role and manufacturing environment (low volume/high value equipment manufacturer)
- Critical thinking and problem solving, strategic planning, co-ordination and control, time management, attention to detail, decision-making, leadership, delegation, team work, conflict management and strong communication.
If you wish to apply for this new role, please submit your CV by email to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role.