December 15, 2020
JOB OPPORTUNITY: PROJECT COORDINATOR
Caterham Cars is the one of the UK’s most successful sports car manufacturers and has been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades, Caterham have continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
As Caterham’s success continues both in the UK and in export markets, the challenges of increasing customer expectations and complexities of homologation have seen the breadth of the product range grow significantly in recent years and plans for the future mean that the number of projects ahead is growing accordingly.
A new role within Caterham, the Project Coordinator will perform a cross-department function to ensure that projects stay on track and are delivered efficiently and on-time. Working closely with the heads of Engineering, Purchasing, Production and Marketing, they will initiate and assist in the development of project plans and take ownership for delivery.
The Project Coordinator will ensure progress of each element, identifying risks and where additional support may be required, to keep each department on track towards project milestones and the end goal. They will be expected to be able to provide immediate reports of project progress to the executive team at any time.
The Project Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to play an active part in future product delivery, from incremental improvements through to new models; uniquely working across several departments within the company to see a project through from inception to delivery by the sales and marketing team.
Supply Chain Manager
- Coordination of project stakeholders so that:
- Comprehensive project plans are produced at initiation
- Projects are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Monitoring and reporting of project progress
- Establish best practice New Product Introduction (NPI) processes
- Create a culture of transparency and accountability within projects
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Document project goals
- Establish project timings with key stakeholders
- Set milestones and lead gateway meetings
- Identify project related risks and opportunities
- Assist with resource planning
- Provide project updates for the Executive team
- Maintain project cost models
- Record and report project progress, follow up, risk analysis and corrective actions
- Maintain the Engineering Change Request (ECR) database
- Contribute to the completion of milestone documentation required for project sub reviews
A multi-departmental role, the Project Coordinator will report to the Supply Chain Manager, whilst working closely with the Engineering Manager, Purchasing Manager, Production Manager and Head of Marketing. They will be empowered to go directly to department team members to chase progress.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience in project management and use of MS-Project very desirable
- Strong communication skills especially inter-personal
- Proficient with MS Office suite of software
- A passion for organisation and order
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of automotive NPI processes very desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Resource requirement estimating
- Developing budgets
As well as a competitive salary, benefits include: Flexible working hours, flexible location working, access to the Company pension scheme, death in service benefit and 22 days annual holiday, growing annually with length of service.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward you’re up to date CV, with a covering letter and outline your salary expectations to, email@example.com. Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.