May 04, 2022
JOB OPPORTUNITY: SENIOR CONTROLLER (BUYER)
The Company: Caterham Cars is the one of the UK’s most successful sports car manufacturers and has been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades Caterham have continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
Remuneration: Competitive salary subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS and staff purchase discounts.
The Role: A position has arisen within the production control department for a supply chain professional who will procure goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, considering price, quality, and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will build upon relationships with existing suppliers and leading cost negotiations, to ensure that Caterham’s supply base delivers the latest manufacturing processes to ensure the highest quality product at a competitive cost.
Based at Caterham’s manufacturing facility in Dartford, Kent; the Buyer may also be required to travel in the UK and potentially overseas, to achieve this goal.
Caterham Cars Ltd is a small team of dedicated staff. The successful applicant will need to be able to work well within a tight team and under pressure to achieve with limited resource.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Procure goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- Work closely with others in the company and review opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding, and cost breakdown.
- Ability to read and understand engineering/manufacturing drawings preferable
- An understanding of automotive processes and components would be advantageous.
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Vendor Managed Inventory
If you feel that you have all the credentials to match this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, the email subject should start Senior Controller (Buyer). While your CV doesn’t need to list references, they should be available on request.