August 04, 2021
JOB OPPORTUNITY: TECHNICAL BUYER
Caterham Cars is the one of the UK’s most successful sports car manufacturers and has been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades Caterham have continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and also a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
Competitive salary subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS and staff purchase discounts.
This position requires a purchasing professional who will seek out new suppliers, build upon relationships with existing suppliers and lead cost negotiations, to ensure that Caterham’s supply base delivers the latest manufacturing processes to ensure the highest quality product at a competitive cost.
Based at Caterham’s manufacturing facility in Dartford, Kent; the Technical Buyer will also be required to travel in the UK and potentially overseas, to achieve this goal.
Caterham Cars Ltd is a small team of dedicated staff. The successful applicant will need to be able to work well on their own, within a tight team and under pressure to achieve their objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify potential new suppliers.
- Review existing supply base to build relationships or find alternatives if necessary.
- Lead pricing negotiation.
- Continuously analyse current supplier spend to make sure the business is receiving the best service, at the best cost and investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Investigate and resource 'end-of-life' products.
- To devise the best approach to managing specific suppliers and the re-sourcing of new products.
- Manage the new part process, negotiating best cost, finalising supply contracts/commitments and expedite engineering samples for sign off in readiness for hand-over to production buyer.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Production departments in order to ensure continued supply of components as required to meet build schedules.
- Ad-hoc projects to support the business as required.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of buying and negotiation
- Proven record of cost reduction
- Engineering background will be an advantage
- Interest in the specialist automotive market
- Large Automotive OEM experience is not necessary
- Competent in MS-Word and MS-Excel
- Driving licence required
If you wish to apply for this role please forward your up to date CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com email subject should start Technical Buyer. Applicants will then be considered using their CV for a second stage application before interview. Please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.
Applications close 31st August, anything received after this date will not be considered.