November 19, 2021
Job Opportunity: VEHICLE ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN
The Caterham Seven is the very definition of an iconic British sports car. Since 1973, Caterham has become one of the UK’s leading niche sports car manufacturers and today builds well over 500 cars per year for markets all over the world. Over the decades, Caterham have continued to refine and enhance the design of the Seven, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula. From the hilarious 84bhp Seven 170 to the outrageous 310bhp Seven 620R; the common element across our product is unparalleled fun from the driving experience.
With the continued growth of our Gatwick dealership; an exciting opportunity has become available for a vehicle assembly technician to join our dedicated team.
We are looking for a vehicle assembly technician to join the enthusiastic and dynamic Production team at Caterham Cars.
- The diligent and timely assembly of Caterham Seven vehicles from a kit of parts
- Final QA check and road test of your assembled vehicles
- To work in a safe manner that complies with current H&S policy
- Customer facing during the build process while customers view the build during the process
Caterham Gatwick, Dialog Fleming Way, Crawley RH10 9NQ
The core hours of this role will be 08:00 – 16:30, Monday to Friday. However, flexibility may be required when the workload dictates. Overtime will be paid at an agreed rate.
The salary for this role is between £24,000 and 26,000 subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS and staff purchase discounts.
Must be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of car mechanics ideally to NVQ level 2 or able to demonstrate equivalent level of skill
- The ability to work confidently without instruction
- An eye for detail, accuracy, and quality
- A knowledge of the Caterham product will be advantageous
- Experience gained in a similar role as mechanic/technician would be advantageous
- Pride in your work
- A full Driving Licence
- Flexibility and willingness to work extra hours and weekends when required
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your up-to-date CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com email subject should start Gatwick Production.
Applicants will then be considered using their CV for a second stage application before interview.
Closing date for applications is 31st December 2021.