January 04, 2019
JOB OPPORTUNITY: VEHICLE TECHNICIAN
With the continued growth of our Gatwick super-showroom; an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced vehicle technician to join our dedicated team. This is a chance for you to work under your own initiative, utilising your skills and knowledge on one of the most exciting sports cars on the road; rather than the paint-by-numbers dreariness of a major manufacturer brand. In addition to regular servicing, a Caterham Aftersales Technician will perform upgrades, accident repairs and track preparation of customers’ road and race cars; whilst also supporting the Caterham Selected pre-owned Caterham Seven stock through thorough preparation. There is also the opportunity to support our ever growing motorsport business both in the workshop and trackside at circuits across the UK.
Caterham has been supplying adrenalin-fuelled sports car experiences to customers and fans for over 40 years. In addition, our family of factory backed racing championship is the largest in the UK and our motorsport activities continue to grow around the world. The Caterham Seven is considered the benchmark for pure driving entertainment.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and proactive but equally must be a team player who builds great working relationships with internal and external customers. This role would suit somebody who is an experienced vehicle technician and is passionate about motorsport and sports cars. In return, we promise a unique opportunity to turn a passion for sports cars and motorsport into a rewarding career. Oh, and a lot of fun.
- Upgrade/repairs for customer cars
- General servicing for customer cars
- Used car preparation to Caterham Selected standards
- Trackday and Motorsport competition preparation of customer cars
- Overtime hours may be required
- 5 years’ experience as vehicle technician
- Current UK driving licence
- An interest in sport cars and motorsport
- Experience in motorsport either as a technician or driver beneficial
- A desire to work within our motorsport team at race weekends around the UK
- NVQ Level 3 or automotive maintenance and repair or equivalent qualification
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
If you would like to apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org