September 29, 2021
Motorsport UK regulation change to Plumbed-In Fire Extinguisher Systems
Regulation Change to Plumbed-In Fire Extinguisher Systems
From January 1st, 2022, in line with the Motorsport UK regulation change regarding Appendix 3 Plumbed-In Fire Extinguisher Systems, the old Lifeline 2000 fire extinguisher system as fitted to all race cars built prior to the 2019 season (i.e. Academy 2018 and earlier), will require updating in order to continue racing.
This means replacing your existing Plumbed-In Fire Extinguisher with one of the Motorsport UK approved systems. This will ensure that your car meets the technical requirements in order to pass scrutineering, keep you safe and enable you to continue racing.
In line with the required changes Caterham are offering their factory approved Caterham specific lifeline Zero360 system and fitting for £669.98 including VAT.
- Fire extinguisher upgrade package includes:
- Fully Motorsport UK compliant replacement system (Appendix 3 compliance).
- Replacement of the full system, including all pipework, nozzles, brackets, extinguisher and deployment apparatus.
- Caterham approved factory parts only.
- Upgraded battery cut-off master switch eyebrow (if required).
- Option to fit in either luggage compartment or passenger footwell.
- Package price £669.98 inc. vat.
To book in your fire extinguisher replacement, please contact one of our retailers in the link below: