Seven 270R Championship
Our 'coming of age' race series
The Caterham Seven 270R championship is firmly established as the ‘coming‑of‑age’ championship for those progressing out of the Academy through Roadsport. Unlike the lower categories, there is no restriction on professional team support or driver experience. Drivers may have several years of experience, making this a fiercely fought championship.
The Seven 270R cars have typically made their way up from the Academy from 2014 onwards, with most originally being modified 2016 Academy cars.
They have now developed into race focused machines, with stiffer suspension and removal of the windscreen and lights giving them a very similar look to their Seven 310R big brother.
- 14 championship races
- 7 double-header race weekends
- 30 minute races
- 25 points for a win, descending to 1 point for all classified finishers
- 1 point for fastest lap
- Two drop scores
- Professional team support permitted
About the car
- Typically first upgraded to Roadsport with Avon ZZS tyres & a rear anti-roll bar
- Originally 2015 onwards Academy cars
- Upgraded to Seven 270R specification with the following:
- Stiffer springs and dampers
- Wider track front suspension
- Windscreen and lights removed
- Stiffer suspension and track orientated tyres increase grip and give a real race car feel and experiences
Check back regularly to follow the progress of our 270R Drivers throughout the 2018 Season.
270R Championship Past Winners
The hallowed Caterham Seven 270R Championship Hall of Fame celebrates the few who have had the talent and speed to earn their place in Caterham Motorsport history with overall championship glory
|2017||Russ Olivant||Caterham Seven 270R|
|2016||Anthony Barnes||Caterham Tracksport|
|2015||Tim Dickens||Caterham Tracksport|
|2014||Stephen Nuttall||Caterham Tracksport|
|2013||Michael Gazda||Caterham Tracksport|
|2012||David Robinson||Caterham Tracksport|
|2011||Reece Somerfield||Supersport 125bhp|
|2010||James MacLachlan||Supersport 125bhp|
Access past results, decal packs and more.
270R Championship Tables
270R Championship Race Results
270R Lap Records
Upgrade Your Racecar
A Caterham Aftersales service
Race Support Services
Professional Race Support Options