January 28, 2020
Job Opportunity: Assistant Global Brand Manager
Caterham was established in 1973 and is renowned for its production of 2- seater British sports cars.
Operating globally across 19 different countries from its three UK based offices, as both manufacturer and retailer, our range of Sevens not only serve to excite the true motoring enthusiast but racing drivers alike, through our operation of the largest single-make motorsport series in Europe.
Employing more than 150 staff, who all share our company's love of all things automotive, we take the business of delivering fun products seriously- after all; you don’t need a Seven, you just want one!
Having experienced unprecedented growth, the Brand Team, based at our Brand Marketing Headquarters in Crawley, is looking to recruit an Assistant Global Brand Manager with experience in dealership marketing to join its existing team of 7 (4x Marketeers, 2x Press Car Technicians and 1x Designer).
As the Assistant Global Brand Manager you will support the Head of Marketing with the creation and execution of Caterham’s Global Brand Plan.
The role will cover Caterham’s entire product portfolio, with a focus on retailers, new and used car sales, aftersales services, parts and merchandise. You will have a hand in everything, guaranteeing you’ll never bored and always challenged- perfect for the ambitious and agile marketer!
The nature of our business demands a proactive self-starter, who is both entrepreneurial and willing to get involved in different aspects of the business, but at the same time act as part of a wider team. In return, we offer a position that will allow you to affect real change and marketing on an international scale, while simultaneously being the envy of all your friends.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of Caterham’s Global Brand Plan
- Autonomously create and deliver breakout marketing strategies for dedicated products within Caterham’s Parts and Aftersales Services
- Devise promotional calendars which target seasonal trends such as hires, and roll these out across Caterham’s global retailer network
- Lead the creation of content and assets such as videos and photography, to ensure all marketing materials and channels remain fresh and engaging
- Aid the further development of Caterham’s online presence through the development and implementation of integrated lead generation campaigns which drive sales enquiries
- In conjunction with Sales and Engineering teams, develop and implement product plans
- Act as a brand guardian in the implementation of Caterham’s brand guidelines, ensuring compliance across its global retailer network
- Assist in the planning and execution of Caterham’s Global Event Plan
- Be a champion for consumer insights and drive brand learning to inform future marketing strategy
Knowledge and technical skill requirements
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience with a recognisable brand, with experience in more than one of the required key subjects (brand communications, events, online, etc.)
- Degree in business, marketing or communications, or with equivalent experience in a brand management or communication role
- Knowledge of e-commerce and online retail marketing
- Experience working within a marketing agency an advantage
- Experience working with car retailer network an advantage
- Highly communicative character, team player, very creative driver of projects, who is personable and outgoing
- An understanding of marketing asset production such as photography and video
- Exceptional attention to detail and copywriting skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Very good PC skills (in particular Microsoft Office)
- Interest in premium and niche automotive brands and motorsport is helpful
A salary of £30k- £35k is available subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the company pension scheme and staff purchase discounts.
If you wish to apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applicants who do not provide a covering letter will not be considered.
*please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.