October 11, 2019
JOB OPPORTUNITY: VALETER
Caterham Cars is the one of the UK’s most successful sports car manufacturers and has been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades, Caterham have continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and also a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
Competitive salary subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS, and staff purchase discounts.
Based at Caterham’s flagship showroom in Crawley we are looking for an individual to ensure our cars are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness. You will be challenged with various tasks ranging from cleaning a car in for a service to a large project car being prepared for sale requiring a deep clean.
As a Valeter your duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Cleaning cars to a consistently high standard
- Managing time and tasks balanced between sales, service and the press team
- Maintaining cleanliness of cars presented for sale in our showroom and reception area
- Ensure cars are cleaned ready for hire
- Regular cleaning of demonstrator fleet
- Carry out basic regular checks on hire cars
- Upholding cleanliness of customer facing areas
- General building maintenance
- Maintain the layout of the car display within the showroom and at the front of the showroom
- Ensuring all valeting area are kept clean at all times as they form part of a customer facing area
- Occasional driving duties
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of cleaning products and their application
- Ability to work autonomously
- Able to plan work to ensure variety of tasks are completed on time to a high standard
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to ensure your duties are carried out to the highest standards
- Flexibility to work (at short notice) unsociable hours in order to meet customer needs
- Flexibility to carryout tasks that may not usually fall under your standard job description
- The ability to comply with all company and manufacturers Health and Safety, HR policies and procedures.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward you’re up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org *please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.