September 18, 2020
Job Opportunity: Championship Coordinator
A very rare opportunity to join our small motorsport team that operates the UK’s largest motorsport series, with more than 200 drivers across six championships.
Working alongside an experienced Championship Coordinator, this is a full-time position primarily based at our Dartford HQ, but with the opportunity to work from home for the majority of each week once fully competent.
The motorsport team comprises of two Championship Coordinators, with shared responsibility to look after all aspects of the organisation and operation of Caterham race championships. Delivering outstanding customer service in a sometimes adrenalin-fuelled, high-pressure environment is key; and not for the work-shy or faint-hearted. Early mornings, late nights, wind, rain and the challenges of Caterham’s limited budget and resources, are rewarded with immense satisfaction. Caterham’s novice driver race series, the legendary Caterham Academy, creates more than 50 new racing drivers each year and whilst it is a cliché, you really do help make dreams come true.
The Championship Coordinators’ shared duties include (but are not limited to):
- The organisation, project management and delivery of every aspect of each race weekend in conjunction with the organising club (BRSCC); from developing the timetable, logistical organisation, management of the extended event team, right down to ordering and setting up hospitality.
- Being the knowledgeable and highly visible face of Caterham at race events; there for our competitors, ensuring everyone knows who and where you are, in order to provide the best possible service and paddock environment.
- Extensive communication with competitors throughout the year, including production and dissemination of post-race data and related information.
- Delivery of the hugely successful Caterham Academy programme for approximately fifty complete novices each year, ensuring it exceeds their high expectations.
- Delivery of the annual motorsport season calendar with the external providers, in conjunction with the Motorsport Director.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- A very outgoing, confident and friendly personality; loud even; with the ability to earn respect of drivers (including highly successful business people).
- A real passion for, and understanding of, motorsport.
- The ability to work under their own initiative, with a can-do attitude to problem solving in a high-pressure environment; and also the strength be part of a small, tight team working together as a single unit.
- The desire to always improve; the mindset that everything can be better
- A headful of ideas; good or bad, they will not be afraid to express them.
- Strong competence with MS-Excel, MS-Word and in written communication.
- The willingness to work weekends, long hours, travel extensively over the UK and occasionally overseas.
A competitive salary based on experience and potential. After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme and staff purchase discounts.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org *please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.