May 04, 2022
JOB OPPORTUNITY: DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
A coveted position is available for a dedicated and self-motivated Automotive or Mechanical Engineer to join the passionate engineering team at Caterham Cars. This job will expose the successful applicant to a wide and varied range of vehicle development aspects as custodians of the legendary Caterham Seven.
The role will involve designing of new automotive parts, developing existing parts and products through prototyping, creating & modifying BOM and into production. There will also be a requirement to problem solve on-going production, current engineering & development challenges. You will be required to liaise with, and project-manage suppliers involved in external production.
Qualifications and Skills
- BEng in Automotive or Mechanical engineering 2:1 minimum
- Relevant post graduate work experience
- Current experience with 3D CAD system, preferably Solidworks
- Design experience for fabrication, laser cutting, machining, plastic moulding etc
- Experience and ability to produce technical drawings for manufacture
- Experience with engine and electrical harness development
- Strong technical knowledge, capable of taking responsibility for vehicle development
- Relevant extra-curricular interest.
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solver with good diagnostics ability
- All round vehicle engineering experience
- Experience of design control systems
- Competency in using Microsoft Office
The Caterham Engineering office is based at the headquarters in Dartford, however the role may require out of hours travel both inside and outside the UK in order to visit agents, suppliers, provide support at test days & race weekends. The business stretches over three sites, travel may also be required between them.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS and staff purchase discounts. Some working from home and flexi-time arrangements are available.
If you feel that you have all the credentials to match this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com, the email subject should start Development Engineer. While your CV doesn’t need to list references, they should be available on request.
Closing date for applications is 31st May 2022